Honor one another above yourselves. – Romans 12:10b
A huge thank you to Perth Girl of “The F Word – Faith, Family, and Food” for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I have enjoyed her posts ever since I recently discovered this blog. If you haven’t already, check it out at:
The Sunshine Blogger Award is peer recognition for bloggers who inspire, are creative and spread positivity.
Rules for the Award
Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Answer the 11 questions you’ve been asked.
Nominate 11 bloggers and ask them 11 questions.
Inform your nominees through commenting on their post.
Display the rules and the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
Perth Girl’s questions for Me:
1. Describe yourself in 3 words? If I’m feeling good about myself, “spontaneous, creative, and unique.” If I’m not feeling good about myself, “impulsive, disorganized, and weird.”
2. One interesting thing about you that people don’t know? – (Well, they’ll know now, won’t they? 😉 ) I had a bodyguard for about a week when my kids were little. (Long story.)
3. If you could leave one thing behind that people will remember you by, what would that be? The older I get, the more I realize my life is “ALL JESUS.” As Casting Crowns says, “I don’t care if they remember me, only Jesus.” (“Only Jesus”
But we all do leave something behind, and I’m blessed that I can say that all three of my children love Jesus, married godly believers, and (the two that have kids so far) are raising five more people to be citizens of His kingdom, too! They are my legacy.
4. Name one book you have read more than once? Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus (The testimony of Nabeel Qureshi). I have read it once and listened to the audio at least twice. Through it I came to love and admire a family that were devout Muslims. I enjoyed reading details of debates Nabeel got into with his two best college friends – his Christian roommate and a Buddhist. This book is engaging, enlightening, convicting, and intellectually stimulating.
(Sorry, you said “name,” not “write a review, but you know me … )
5. Have you ever conquered a fear? No, but Jesus has. Without Him I’d still be a sniveling coward in all areas! I used to get nervous about speaking to large groups of people, and even more when there’s a camera running and I know I’m going to be on TV! But Jesus said, “Go and tell,” so what could I do? Fortunately, “He doesn’t call the qualified, He qualifies the called.”
6. How many languages can you speak and if ok, please mention them too? I speak English. That may seem like an obvious answer, but it seems these days most Americans can’t speak it properly. ( … said the English teacher …) I also speak some French, although not as fluently as when I was teaching it to kids.
7. What has been the most unexpected thing you have come across in your blogging journey? When I started blogging, I had no idea that my followers would be from all over. I was delighted when I realized they were in faraway parts of the U.S., but then when they showed up from Canada, the UK, Africa, Asia, Australia … I was very surprised – and thrilled.
8. Funniest place you have fallen asleep? Dentist’s office, getting root canal. (Not because the dentist put me out, just because Jesus was there giving me peace. Thank You, Lord!)
9. Road trip or Train trip? I don’t mind road trips, especially when my husband drives, and I love going with my sister on “adventures” in her RV. I haven’t taken many train trips, but I think I’d love it, especially if there’s a dining car, lounge, etc. and I can meet new and interesting people. 😉
10. Favourite Tv show, ever? “America’s Got Talent,” because it includes all kinds of performances, not just singing or dancing. I love watching unknown people perform, especially when they come out looking like “losers,” awkward and unlikely to succeed, then blow the audience away with their talent. I get vicarious pleasure in seeing them vindicated. It also inspires me not to be so quick to judge people and write them off.
11. Would you rather visit the past or the future of your own life? Future, because I already know what happened in the past. I’m excited to see what God still has for me!
I follow quite a few blogs, many of which are great. If I didn’t mention some here, it’s because I have nominated them before, and/or because they have made it known that they no longer participate in these awards. (It IS time consuming… but kinda fun. 🙂 )
Here are my nominees:
- Perth Girl – //faithfood.blog
- See, there’s this thing called biology… – insanitybytes2.wordpress.com
- Linda Lee/@Lady Quixote – @ladyquixotelindalee
- The Domain for Truth – veritasdomain.wordpress.com
- Loved by the King of kings – @iwillnotbemoved
- Theology of a Newfoundland Housewife – sallyball8323
- Bill Sweeney – @billsweeney60
- fuelfortheraceblog – @fuelfortherace
- Eva Ngelista – @witnessforjesuschrist
- floatinggold – @floatinggold
My questions for you:
- If you were only allowed one last chance to post a message on your blog, what would it be about?
- If you had an hour and the freedom to do anything at all, what would you spend the next hour doing?
- Besides where you’re living now, where would you like to live?
- What is your pet peeve?
- Who was your favorite teacher, and why?
- What quality sets you apart from the crowd more than any other?
- What was the first “secret” you remember sharing, and did the other person keep that secret?
- Which day of your life, if any, would you like to relive, if you could?
- What was the most painful experience you’ve ever had that turned out to be a good thing in the long run?
- What is the #1 thing on your bucket list?
- Who is your role model?
I’m looking forward to learning more about you!