I have been nominated for another blogger award!
Thank you, Joy18! Visit her at https://justsimplytrue.wordpress.com/2018
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post/or blog site.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the nominator who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions.
- Notify your nominees about it by commenting on one of their blogs
Joy18’s questions for me:
1. What are three of your favorite things to do?
I’ve heard that to know what your passion is, ask yourself what you were doing the last time you lost all track of time. For me, that would be when talking with someone who is “on the same page,” where we’re finishing each other’s sentences and getting more animated as we talk about our passions. (My favorite subject is Jesus.)
I also lose track of time when I’m writing – a story, a blog, a book, a letter, a poem, or a song – when I’m inspired and can’t write down the words fast enough.
I love reading a book I have loved to my grandchildren, using my voices and dialects, when they keep begging for “one more chapter, Pleeeeeease?!”
2. Would you rather live in the city or country? Why?
Depends … if “country” means no people, I’d pick the city, as I’m a “people person.” I was raised in the suburbs of St. Louis, while my husband was raised in rural Illinois. When we are in a city, he is asking, “Where are the woods? The creeks? The fields?” When we’re in the country, I’m asking, “Where is everybody?”
3. What is your favorite Bible verse or chapter in the Bible? Why?
Old Testament, I love Isaiah 53, because it’s a detailed description of the suffering of Jesus, written hundreds of years before He was born. It’s a poignant picture of Redemption.
New Testament, probably Romans 8, which starts with the gloriously reassuring promise “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus …” It has guidelines for having the right mindset, hence a right walk with God. The promise that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose, and that absolutely nothing will separate us from the love of God in Christ – These wrap up the list of promises that we can and should live by.
4. What is the story behind your Blog’s name?
I think the source of every human problem is rooted in how we perceive things. The cosmic battle takes place in the mind, where the world, the flesh, and the devil are constantly feeding us lies. I believe that getting God’s perspective is the way to change direction and get on the right path to being who we were created to be.
5. Where do you find your identity?
6. What is your favorite greeting?
One from someone I can tell is genuinely happy to see me. The exact words don’t matter.
7.What is your best tip for Bible studying?
Don’t feel forced to stick to a rigid reading plan. (“I must read __ chapters today.”) Read until God speaks to you, then stop and meditate on what He might be saying to you through that passage or verse. It may take a few chapters, or just a few verses.
8. What are your favorite color(s)?
I love purple – not pastel, but rich, royal purple, and royal blue. Other favorites depend on the time of year. Now that it’s the Christmas season, I’m into gold, silver, white, and clear(crystal).
9. Who is one person from history who inspires you? If you could spend a day with this person, what would you do and talk about?
Of course, Jesus is #1. But I am also looking forward to meeting His mother Mary. I would ask her what it was like to be told she would be the mother of the Messiah, what Jesus was like as a Child, and how she felt seeing Him rise to popularity, then hated and crucified. And what was Resurrection morning like??? I would love to just sit and listen to her reminisce, to watch her face …
My questions for the nominees:
- Where were you born?
- Where do you live now?
- Who is your favorite author and why?
- If you could spend a whole day anywhere you wanted, doing anything you wanted, what would you do, and where?
- What is the most life-changing truth you have ever discovered in the Bible?
- What is your idea of the dream job?
- Who was the most influential teacher you have ever had, and why?
- What was the most challenging thing God has ever told you to do?
- Do you remember your dreams? If so, what is one dream you’ve had that clearly told or showed you something you needed to know and understand?
- What is your favorite book or chapter or verse in the Bible, and why?
- If you could ask God any question and know that He would answer you, what would you ask?
Have fun with this. I look forward to knowing you all better.